Friday, April 17, 2015

Perfect Imperfection

You can judge me. You can tell me I deserve better. You can tell me its temporary or a good learning experience. Yes; you can do all of this, but never forget that you are not seeing what I am seeing. You don’t experience what I experience. Your protection of me blinds you from seeing beauty in a tarnished mirror. Your judgment of me blinds you from seeing excellence because you only care for perfection. Perfection does not exist, the most we can do as humans is strive for it. How perfect is it that I see the potential for it though in something so imperfect? Does that truly make me immature or unwise? Or does that make me better than you? I've seen milestones reached, moon dust clouds erupting with every giant step. My love story with him may not be something to watch on the big screens or for little girls to dream about. But it is real and it is mine and my happily ever after is existing in the present. He is one person that may not always know the right thing to say or do, someone that may get mad and walk away and will even make me cry sometimes. But he always comes back, he always forgives me for my mistakes and he always holds me at night. Together, we grow and learn and enjoy and we don’t need anyone’s approval. I don’t strive for the fairy-tale love that we are taught from a young age because although perfection may not exist, loving someone with all their imperfections makes it all the more magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment